Monday, October 11, 2010

got hit by a car today...


I live in the small city of Charlotte, and today i have come to the fact that seriously and truly people cannot drive! they suck.
I own a car, but i love to ride my bike everywhere, specially when places i frequent are short distances or even walking distance from my home (less then a mile from Downtown Charlotte)
For lunch today i decided i wanted soup so on my way to pick it up, in the intersecton of camden and park rd, i got hit by a white seddan, i tried to break but he was coming, it was a stop yield sign so i went. Next thing i know i was on the hood and my leg pined between my bike and his car, it sucked yea, but the guy was just as scared as i was he said he did not see me!!.. i was ok, helmet on, no damages.
A nice Nurse and some others got out of their cars to call the ambulance but i told them it was not necessary. Now im at home eating soup with a baby scratch and a giant bruise on my leg.
why cant we all be more bike friendly? gaah.

4 comments:

  1. A similar thing happened to me when I was 12. The woman was so scared she didn't offer to do anything to help and I had to continue my night ride for a few miles afterwards. I guess everyone is too worried about a law suit to take responsibility.
    I hope you put something cold on your leg and if your knee is still sore you should put some heat on it tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yea! thanks! i got big nasty bruises on them now :( yea the guy was so scared haha, i wonder why that lady didint help you at all?!?
    he even offered me to take me home..

    when are you going to nyc?

    ReplyDelete
  3. weird.. ironically, i too was hit by a white sedan, on Saturday though, in New Jersey's city of CAMDEN. Google that, it's been America's numbah 1 most dangerous city for a few years... but that dumb dumb totaled my car.. and parts of my soul.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats very weird!! the name of the place matches up, and the car color..


    it was not your fault so the insurance of the other guy will cover you right? are you ok were you hurt? good luck..

    ReplyDelete